From Silver Shadows
When my kids were younger and I’d spent a harried day running after them, one of my fantasies was a man that cooked. Mac fulfilled that fantasy for me.
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped fine
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces ravioli
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat over to 375°F.
Heat the olive oil in a heavy 10-inch skillet over moderate heat for 1 minute. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, oregano, basil, fennel and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring often.
Meanwhile cook the ravioli according to package directions. Rinse with cold water, drain well, and place in an ungreased shallow 1-1/2 quart casserole. Cover with the sauce and sprinkle with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Makes 4 servings.