From Honor of a Hunter
- 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil (I use a mixture of half butter and half oil)
- 1 cup orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 cup regular long-grain rice
- 4 cups broth of choice (beef, chicken, vegetable, depending on main course)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
In a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add orzo. Cook until golden, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
Add rice, broth and chives. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and orzo and rice are tender.
Makes about 8 side servings.