From Personal Enemy
This is a quick, easy, healthy recipe. Serve with a salad and you have a light evening meal.
- 1 1/4 pounds potatoes (3 medium-large), peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 oz chopped broccoli (fresh or frozen)
- 6 green onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 egg whites
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a large, ovenproof skillet, cook the potatoes in the oil over medium heat, stirring once or twice, for about 10 minutes, until they are tender and lightly browned.
Add the broccoli (thawed, if using frozen) and the green onions, cover the skillet and cook the mixture another 5 minutes.
In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites and the whole eggs with the Parmesan, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetable mixture and cook the frittata for about 5 minutes, pushing the ingredients occasionally with a spatula to allow any uncooked egg to make contact with the skillet.
Place the skillet in the preheated oven for 5-10 minutes or until the eggs are set on top.