Brooke makes these chocolate-covered strawberries for an unexpected midnight feast in Alyssa Again. These are so easy to make and so impressive to look at. The good part is that, if you use dark chocolate, the combination of chocolate and strawberries makes this a treat that’s chock full of antioxidants. At least that’s how I rationalize making them so often.
Brooke’s Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
- 16 strawberries with stems
- 3 ounces dark chocolate coarsely chopped
- Rinse berries. Pat completely dry (or the chocolate won’t stick).
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds, or until almost melted. Stir until smooth.
- Dip the bottom half of each strawberry into the melted chocolate. Let the excess drip off. Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Chill 5 minutes or until set.
From Alyssa Again
View my Catalog of Books