CANDY CANE BROWNIES
- 1 bag 10 oz. 60% cacao chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crushed candy cane, plus 2 tablespoons
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract, adjust to your taste
- Heat oven to 350F. Line an 8″ square pan with parchment paper, leaving “handles” overhanging.
- Combine 1 cup of the chocolate chips and the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 min. Stir until smooth.
- While the chocolate mixture is melting, whisk the eggs and sugar into a medium bowl. Add the chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Add the flour, salt and candy cane bits and stir until smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake for 23 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the brownie and return to the oven for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Spread the melted chips until smooth to form a “frosting.” Top with the 2 tablespoons of crushed candy canes.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes to set the chocolate. Cut into squares.