Staying cool this summer has proved a challenge. Air conditioning feels nice on those too-humid-to-breathe days, but I love throwing the windows open and enjoying the breeze. I came across this cool treat that contains two of my favorites: watermelon and dark chocolate.
Chocolate-Covered Watermelon Wedges
- Watermelon wedges
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips, I like the 60% Ghirardelli
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Sea salt or Maldon flakes for sprinkling
- Place the watermelon wedges on wax or parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Refrigerate the watermelon wedges so they’re nice and cold.
- Microwave the chocolate chips and and coconut oil until both are melted. Stir the mixture together until well blended.
- Dip the cold melon wedges into the chocolate mixture (or paint it on with a silicone brush.) Place back on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle with a bit of salt before the chocolate hardens.
- Repeat until you run out of watermelon or chocolate. You can put them back in the fridge to harden the chocolate or enjoy right away.