Dark chocolate and raspberries are one of my favorite dessert combinations. I like quick and easy recipes that are tasty. I got the idea of adding raspberries to one of my easy dark chocolate lava cake recipe. So here it is. A little Valentine’s treat that’s good on any occasion. It’s not calorie-free, but it is gluten-free.
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Lava Cakes
- 1 1/3 cups of dark chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12-18 raspberries, depending on the size
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Butter six ¾-cup size ramekins (or 7 muffin cups).
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate and butter on medium power for 1 minute, then in 30 second increments until the butter and the chocolate have melted. Set aside to cool a bit.
- Stir in the egg yolks and 2 tablespoons of sugar into the chocolate mixture.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl, beat until foamy. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and cocoa powder. Gradually beat into whites until soft peaks fold over when you lift the beaters.
- Stir in 1/3 of the chocolate-butter mixture into the whites mixture. Gently fold in the rest of the chocolate mixture until completely combined. Place a tablespoon of the mixture into each of the cups. Add 2-3 raspberries. Divide the remaining mixture evenly between the cups.