Grace’s Chocolate Chunk Pecan Brownies from Under Lock and Key are one of my favorite brownie recipes. It’s chockful of chocolate and pecans. I love the gooey middle pieces best. What can I say about brownies? They’re the perfect beat-the-blues food.
Grace’s Chocolate Chunk Pecan Brownies
- 4 oz. unsweetened dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans toast them to bring out the flavor
- 1 cup of chocolate chunks
- Heat oven at 350°F. Line a 13” X 9” pan with foil, extending over the edges to form handles. Grease the foil.
- Microwave the unsweetened chocolate and butter in a large bowl on High for 2 minutes or until the butter is melted. Stir until the chocolate melts all the way.
- Stir sugar into the chocolate mixture until well blended. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, nuts and chocolate chunks until well blended. Spread in the pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the corners comes out with fudgy crumbs. Don’t overbake.
- Cool in pan. Lift out by foil handles. Place on a cutting board and cut into squares.
From Under Lock and Key
View my Catalog of Books