The lazy in lazy day lasagna refers to the cook feeling lazy. This was one of my kids’ favorite dinners when they were growing up. It’s quick and easy; perfect for busy school nights with too many after-school activities. This is recipe you can make with leftover spaghetti sauce from Ellen’s Easy Spaghetti Sauce from Red Thunder Reckoning.
Lazy Day Lasagna
- 8 ounces pasta of your choice
- 2 cups of spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 -10 oz package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions. In bottom of a 2-quart casserole put a few spoonfuls of the sauce. Arrange half the pasta in the pan, cover with all of the cottage cheese and spinach. Top with half the sauce, half the mozzarella and half the Parmesan cheese. Arrange in layers the remaining pasta, sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes.
View my Catalog of Books