Lorraine’s Easy One-Bowl Brownies
This one-bowl recipe makes whipping up a batch of brownies for dessert easy. Sierra’s T-shirt in Detour says, “Chocolate Heals All Wounds.” She enjoys these treats made by Wyatt’s mother.
Lorraine’s One-Bowl Brownies
- 2 cups dark chocolate chocolate chips I like Ghirardelli 60% cacao
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil.
- Combine 1 cup of the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Whisk in sugar, then eggs. Stir in flour and salt until smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup of the chopped nuts and the vanilla. Transfer batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake brownie for 23-25 minutes.
- Finely chop remaining 2 tablespoons of nuts.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips over the hot brownies and return pan to oven for 2 minutes. Remove from the oven and spread the melted chips until smooth to form frosting. Top with finely chopped nuts. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to firm chocolate. Cut into squares. Store at room temperature.
See also Tex-Mex Tuna Fajitas, inspired by Detour
View my Catalog of Books