Mac’s Baked Ravioli Casserole helps soothe Kyra after a nightmare in Silver Shadows. When my kids were younger, and I’d spent a harried day running after them, one of my fantasies was a man who could cooked. Mac fulfilled that fantasy for me.
Mac’s Baked Ravioli Casserole
- 1 can 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped fine
- 1 can 8 oz tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces ravioli
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat over to 375°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy 10-inch skillet over moderate heat for 1 minute. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, oregano, basil, fennel and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile cook the ravioli according to package directions. Rinse with cold water, drain well, and place in an ungreased shallow 1-1/2 quart casserole. Cover with the sauce and sprinkle with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
From Silver Shadows
View my Catalog of Books