A while back, Rice-A-Roni was a thing, and my kids loved it. I didn’t love all the additives in it, so I created my own version. Noah knows his way around a kitchen. He used this recipe as part of the meal he cooked for Faith in Honor of a Hunter.
Noah’s Orzo-Rice Pilaf
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil, I use a mixture of half butter and half oil
- 1 cup orzo rice-shaped pasta
- 1 cup regular long-grain rice
- 4 cups broth of choice, beef, chicken, vegetable, depending on main course
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- In a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add orzo. Cook until golden, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- Add rice, broth and chives. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and orzo and rice are tender.
From Honor of a Hunter
View my Catalog of Books