This super easy Key Lime Pie is my got-to when I have to bring a summer dessert to a gathering. I’m not a big fan of pie, except when it comes to Key Lime. The combination of sweet, tart and creamy hits me just right. I made this pie for Mother’s Day–just because it had been a while since I’d made it. I didn’t have time to decorate it, but it was delicious.
Super Easy Key Lime Pie
- 1 9" pie plate
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup key lime juice
- 8 oz heavy cream whipped
- Make the crust by combining the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and coconut. Add the melted butter and mix until well blended. With the back of a spoon, press the crumb mixture into a pie pan. I put the crust in the fridge to set while I mix the filling.
- In a bowl, whip the sweetened condensed milk and the key lime juice. The trick to this pie is to whip this mixture until it thickens. It takes a few minutes. Gently fold in the whipped cream. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- You can get fancy and serve the pie with another dollop of whipped cream, a slice of lime, and toasted coconut.
View my catalog of books