I didn’t grow up eating spicy, so when we first moved to Fort Worth, even the mild salsa was too hot. But over the years we lived there, I learned to love the taste of chili, cumin and jalapeño peppers. Now that we’re back in New England, I like to revisit this taste I learned to appreciate with these tuna fajitas. When Sierra visits Texas in Detour, she falls in love with tex-mex food and these tex-mex tuna fajitas.
Tex-Mex Tuna Fajitas
- 1 pound ahi tuna, cut into strips
- 1 packet of McCormick’s Mesquite Marinade
- 1 onion, cut in rings
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- Tortillas, warmed
- Shredded cheese, cheddar or Mexican blend
- Sour cream
- Prepare the marinade according to instructions. Add tuna. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Grill onions and peppers. Grill tuna. Warm the tortillas. Put everything on the table and let everyone fill their tortillas with whatever they want.
Inspired by Detour
See also Lorraine’s One-Bowl Brownies from Detour
View my Catalog of Books